The 2014 NZTC Research Conference explored the impact of technology on young children’s learning and communication, with research and case studies showing thoughtful and innovative integration of technology into education experiences.
Our keynote speaker was Dr Chip Donohue, Dean of Distance Learning and Continuing Education at the Erikson Institute, USA. Chip shared his knowledge about the role of technology in early learning, and launched his book, Technology and Digital Media in the Early Years: Tools for Teaching and Learning, for the first time in New Zealand.
Feedback from delegates included:
- “Thank you so much! I am very inspired and can’t wait to implement new ideas back at our centre.”
- “Great range of speakers – really got something positive from all of them.”
- “Very on the pulse and inspiring!”
- “I liked the variety of speakers and the real research that was presented.”
- “Innovative, enriching and it broadened my knowledge of how to apply ICT in ECE.”