Early Childhood Education
NZTC has empowered early childhood educators with comprehensive and professional programs since 1982.
All of the college’s programs are internationally recognised and approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
Our qualifications range from diploma to master’s level with a number of them including elective Field Practice courses that can be studied by those wishing to pursue New Zealand teacher registration.
Our vision is to empower our students with knowledge, skills, attitudes and beliefs that will enable them to be effective early childhood educators. To fulfill our vision we aim to:
- Deliver relevant and high quality academic training in early childhood education
- Provide a stimulating, supportive learning environment for our students
- Recognise the uniqueness of early childhood development in the life cycle
- Create a learning environment that enables our students to realise their highest potential
- Give our students practical skills for working in the early childhood sector
- Recognise and appreciate that our students are uniquely gifted and their individuality should be respected
- Educate our students to support the child's primary caregivers - the parents
- Acknowledge that early childhood teachers can make a difference in the lives of young children and their families
- Enable our students to be true professionals in their career
Early Childhood Education News
ECE student, Robyn Holli Davel, is well on her way to fulfilling her career goals, and says NZTC’s wraparound support has played a big part